Sunday, February 03, 2013

BUS STORY # 338 (John's Bus Story # 1)



I’m indebted to my daughter for this Facebook-posted bus story from New York City, and to its author, John Scott Tynes, for permission to post.


Sitting at the bus stop at 7:30 in the morning. Car screeches to a halt right in front of me.

Passenger door swings open, woman leans out.

“How much for your hat?” she barks. “I collect stars!”

I’m wearing a light brown wool cap with a dark brown Converse-esque star on one side, which I bought used for five bucks at Buffalo Exchange a year ago on a very cold night on my way home from work.

“Nah, I kinda like it,” I reply.

She scowls and slams the door. The driver peels out.

Minutes later, the bus arrives.

__________


The photo at the top of this story is downloaded from the website Sports Station (Your One-Stop Sports Apparel Store!).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brenda said...

Started my day with a smile.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Busboy said...

I felt the same way when I first read my daughter's email. Still makes me smile.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home