Sunday, April 01, 2012

BUS STORY # 294 (Crazy Bus)



Crazy Bus by busboy4
Crazy Bus, a photo downloaded from the Topsy Turvy Bus website by busboy4 on Flickr.


The bus is late.

I shouldn’t be surprised. The new front-door pickup feature is bound to throw the time-table off. The more people using it, the greater the delay.

On the positive side, I get most of the paper read.

When the bus finally does pull up in front of my house and I board, the driver apologizes. Seems she had to wait behind several school buses which were also boarding in the neighborhood this morning.

I get myself and all my stuff settled in when the stewardess comes by and offers me a hot cup of coffee. Say what you will about riding the bus, the mayor has done a darn good job of making it an attractive alternative to driving.

I pass on the earphones, though. Even though the DVD screen now features Good Morning America instead of the old municipal PSAs, I’d rather read.

But as we pull into another side street and a new neighborhood, I find myself wondering just how late am I going to be this morning. I look up at the signage at the front of the bus where the date and time scroll by.

April 1...

That should explain everything.
__________

Sorry. I saw the due date for the next post and couldn’t resist.
__________

Photo taken from the Topsy Turvy Bus website.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Brenda said...

You really had me going there....:)

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one! BBBH

10:57 AM  
Blogger abqdave said...

Pretty good April Fools Day gag. Thanks.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Busboy said...

Thanks, all. Got a couple of approving emails, too. Wasn't 100% sure everyone would be amused.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home